Wednesday, September 8, 2010

McBride, BC to Radium Hot Springs, BC

We drove through Jasper and Banff National Parks today. The mountains were in the clouds most of the day and we had small amounts of rain off and on during the day. The highlights of the day were the mountains, the waterfalls, the ice fields, and Lake Louise.


Lake Louise is one of my very favorite places. Besides being beautiful, I have been here a number of times in the past. I was here in the late 50’s with my parents, with Grant and my parents in the 70’s when Janine was a baby, and in the late 80’s with Janine and Kristy. Grant and I had a late afternoon tea at the Chateau Fairmont Lake Louise with a view of the lake and the glacier across the lake. What pleasant memories I have of that place. Having tea there with the lovely view was very special to me.


We spent the night in Radium Hot Springs. We pulled in after dark and the camp was essentially full; we had to camp in a dry tent site. It was quite difficult making our way into the site in the dark.


No comments:

Post a Comment