Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jamestown, CA to Kings Canyon Sequoia National Park

We are off on our great adventure to a SOWER's project in Michigan.  We were packed and ready to go a day early so we spent Tuesday night, July 12th, at Kristin's house in Jamestown, CA.  We had a number of errands to do in town and got away from Jamestown around 3:00 PM.  We arrived at Grant's Grove in Kings Canyon National Park at about 7:30PM.  It was an easy drive.  We will pick up Shawna on Saturday morning and start our drive towards Michigan.

Along the way, we will be stopping in Iowa for a Smalley Family reunion.  My grandmother on my father's side was a Smalley.  Through my Smalley lineage, I am a Mayflower descendant and a Revolutionary War descendant.  Next, we will go to Kansas City to visit my aunts and cousins. Then we will be going to Missouri to visit some long time friends.  We will arrive in Michigan by July 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment