Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sequoia National Park

Today we toured Sequoia National Park.  We thought we should show you a picture of our travel trailer.  It's our home away from home.  It's 26 feet long and quite comfortable for us.  It reminds me of the Lucille Ball movie "The Long Long Trailer", especially when we are turning sharp corners or driving on narrow roads.  Grant handles it well.

We visited the Auto Tree, the Tunnel Tree, Crescent Meadow, the Giant Forest Museum with the Sentinel Tree on the Generals Highway.  We stopped to see the General Sherman Tree, which is the largest tree in the world by volume.

I took a little spill today.  I stood on a large log which crumbled under me and threw me forward and I  landed on my forehead.  No damage done - just a good scrape and a few scratches and bruises.  They fit in quite nicely with my mosquito bites and poison oak.  I'm off to a good start - don't you think???

No comments:

Post a Comment