Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mt. Auburn, IA

God is good, but you knew that.

We didn't get back to the camp until after 1AM, without our truck, and with lots more rain predicted for that night. Campers in the next site were still up. We shared our story with them. One guy said, "Don't worry, I'm a farmer, and, I live close by, and I have big tractors, and I'll pull you out in the morning". I didn't know a tractor could do that.

Next morning, he took Grant to the truck, and brought a tractor with 4 foot high balloon tires. It pulled our truck out of the mud like it was a toy.

We went back to the Smalley Reunion and had a great day. Shawna made a lot of beaded jewelry. I participated in a Hearts marathon. We got some things from the silent auction. Grant did a lot of visiting. I went to the cemetary again, where many of my Smalley relatives are buried and gathered a lot of pictures and information for my genealogy research.

No comments:

Post a Comment